P&Z Meeting, Thursday, November 17th, 2016 – UDC
P&Z Agenda, November 17th, 9:00 a.m., Gov’t Center Bldg. These items below along with other UDC items will be addressed. Any changes approved by the P&Z will be forwarded to the BOCC. If approved by the BOCC the changes will be added as amendments to the 10/25/2016 version of the proposed UDC.
Discussion and Action on proposed amendments to the Unified Development Code, per the direction of the Board of County Commissioners:
- Continue exploration of zoning options for Talavera in order to more closely align zoning in the UDC with the development pattern of Talavera and the expressed interests of Talavera residents. Factors to be considered include, but are not limited to: issues with non-conforming lots, issues with up-zoning or down-zoning parcels, potential implications for future re-zoning requests elsewhere in the county, and alignment of land use density with sector plans in the Comprehensive Plan. Such exploration shall include, but is not limited to, the following options:
- Zone the entire area R5L
- Create a new zone (R2L) and apply to the entire area
- Zone parcels within the area either D1L or R5L
- Zone parcels within the area D1L, R5L, or (new zone) R2L
- Review size limitations of accessory buildings, and lot coverage*.
*Lot Coverage = Total of all non-pervious structures on one parcel (principle building, porches, storage, garages, slab driveways, accessory buildings).